There are many ways to capture a screenshot on Windows 11. The easiest and most common way is the Windows key + PRT screen. But this method only captures what’s within the dimensions of the screen.
So how do you capture content that’s beyond the browser’s viewing area? That’s the purpose of this article.
A scrolling screenshot is a feature that allows you to capture as much of a web page as you desire by scrolling vertically.
This article will show you the best tools to capture scrolling screenshots. Most of them are free to use, while a few have free trials. Read on to learn more.
This screen capturing tool is specifically meant for the Google Chrome browser. To access it, you have to install the extension on your Chrome browser.
To install the GoFullPage extension, follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome web store
- Search and select GoFullPage
- Click Add to Chrome
After you have installed it, click the puzzle piece icon in the top right corner of your browser to access it. Then click the pin icon next to it to permanently pin it on your browser.
Once you’re done with the set-up, click the GoFullPage icon at the top right corner of your screen and watch as it scans the entire web page. You can then edit and download the screenshot as a PDF or PNG file.
ShareX is an open-source program that allows you to capture or record any area of your screen. Gamers love this app for its robust features. Some of the most notable features of ShareX include:
- Scrolling capture
- Web page capture
- Image annotation
All you have to do is open ShareX and click capture then “Scrolling capture”.
Yet another free screen capture tool that comes with many features, including image editing. PicPick packs 7 screen capture modes :
- Active Window
- Window Control
- Fixed Region
- Free Hand
- Full screen
- Scrolling Window
Each of these modes can help you customize your images. The scrolling window, which is of most interest in this article, enables you to capture scrolling screenshots in very few clicks.
You can capture the scrolling window by following the steps below:
- Press then hold down Ctrl+Alt, then press the PRTSC button. A rectangular box that is highlighted in red should appear.
- Press and hold the left button of your mouse, then drag the mouse on the window to select the area.
- Release the mouse click, an auto-scroll will happen slowly and capture the entire window in a few seconds.
There’s more – PicPick comes with a virtual whiteboard that lets you draw on the screen, a pixel ruler to measure images displayed on the screen, and crosshairs for pinpointing the position of pixels.
4. Firefox Quantum
The Firefox Quantum browser has the scrolling screenshot feature integrated into it. You don’t need to install any extensions to use this feature. All you need is to install the Firefox Quantum browser, and you’re good to go.
To access the scrolling screenshot feature in the Firefox browser, follow these steps:
- Open your Firefox browser and click on the three-lined menu icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Under More Tools, click Customize toolbar.
- Search for the screenshot icon and drag it to your Firefox toolbar.
- Navigate to the page you wish to capture and click the new screenshot icon on your toolbar and select Save full page.
- The full-page will pop up, you can then save it on your Windows PC.
Firefox quantum is the only browser with an integrated scrolling screen capturing feature.
Snagit is yet another cool scrolling screenshot capturing tool that you can download from the TechSmith website. To access its features, you have to create or sign in to your account.
Snagit has a 15-day free trial, after which you have to pay by selecting one of their pricing modules. Snagit makes it simple to grab vertical and horizontal scrolls of web pages.
To take a scrolling screenshot using Snagit:
- Got to the library section then click the red capture button
- Select capture in the window that appears under the image tab
- A screenshot preview screen will appear with a menu in the top right corner
- Click the down arrow at the bottom of the screen marked vertical scrolling area
- It will automatically scroll down while capturing the page.
The page will then be displayed in the Snagit editor, where you can make desired changes to your screenshot.
6. Apowersoft Screen Capture Pro
Apowersoft is a multi-functional screenshot program. It has ten screenshot modes, which include scrolling screenshots.
The scrolling window capture mode allows you to capture the entire web page, including the content unseen by the viewer.
It has a feature known as Task scheduler, which lets you take automatic screenshots.
Apowersoft has a pro version that provides options for editing your screenshots and recording your screen.
So, which of the tools did you find most useful? Leave a comment and let us know.