If you are looking for a powerful new computer to handle all of your photo editing needs, we have compiled this list of four of the best on the market. Each is equipped with super-premium parts that will allow them to edit your pictures and much more without a problem.
There are more options out there on the market, but none as capable as the four listed below.
- If you want a photo editing rig that is also capable of playing the latest video games, check out the Cyberpower Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool. This beast has not only a high-end CPU, but an amazing GPU as well!
- If you are looking for a small form factor desktop computer that is powerful enough for your photo editing, the Lenovo ThinkStation P320 is a good choice. This tiny computer has a ton of power packed inside, making it perfect for your photo editing work.
- If you are looking for an entry-level Nvidia Quadro based workstation, the HP Z4 G4 Workstation has you covered. This beauty is packed with a Xeon processor and the Nvidia Quadro P2000.
- If you want an absolute top-of-the-line workstation computer, you owe it to yourself to check out the Vision Computers Velocity. This computer is amazing in every sense of the word. Any productivity tasks you have it will crush.
Who Should Buy This?
If you are a photographer looking for your next editing rig, these computers are perfect for you. They are all extremely powerful and can handle any photo editing software with ease. All are packed with high-end processors and powerful GPUs, allowing them to shred through any editing job.
Another great use for these computers is 3D modeling and rendering. This requires a ton of computing performance, and these high-end desktop computers all have that. Each with a powerful CPU and plenty of RAM, you will get insane performance in Blender, Maya, or your preferred 3D modeling program.
Best Desktop Computer for Photo Editing: What to Consider
The main component in your system that makes everything else work in together. You need a powerful CPU to perform editing tasks without any slowdown. This is a requirement, so don’t try and skimp here.
The more memory you have in your computer, the better it can handle multiple tasks such as the rendering and editing of your photos. It will also help when using intensive tools that normally bog down lower powered systems.
The last key to the puzzle is getting a GPU capable of running your editing program with ease. Workstation GPUs tend to have the lead in this category, so we suggest starting there.
Best Desktop Computer for Photo Editing: Our Picks
1. Cyberpower Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool
One thing is certain, if you buy a top-end gaming computer, you will also have a great editing station. This Cyberpower PC is a real masterpiece, giving you incredible gaming performance, and the ability to use any editing software without a single hiccup.
Inside this epic computer is the Ryzen 9 3900x processor and 16GB of memory. The GPU is the best on the market, the Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti. You can’t ask much more from a gaming computer, but also as a top-end editing PC.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
- RAM: 16GB DDR4
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
- Storage: 1TB SSD + 2TB HDD
2. Lenovo ThinkStation P320
If you don’t like a massive computer sitting on your desk, and prefer your computer to be much more discreet, the Lenovo ThinkStation P320 is right up your alley. This computer may be small in stature, but the specs are high as any other here.
This machine is packing a nice Intel i7 processor and a whopping 32GB of memory. If that isn’t impressive enough, they somehow managed to also put an Nvidia Quadro GPU inside. This computer is extremely impressive, especially given its size.
- Processor: Intel i7-7700T
- RAM: 32GB DDR4
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro P600 2GB
- Storage: 1TB SSD
3. HP Z4 G4 Workstation
HP makes great computers in all sectors of the market, but their Z4 G4 Workstation is a fantastic option for any photo editing jobs. It also has a very “professional” look, with the sleek tower having a nice looking gunmetal finish.
Inside this computer, we have an Intel Xeon workstation CPU, paired with 16GB of memory and an Nvidia Quadro GPU. It checks off all the boxes as far as things you would look for in a photo editing computer. It is the complete package, while still being more budget-friendly than some of the competitors.
- Processor: Intel Xeon W-2123
- RAM: 16GB DDR4
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 5GB
- Storage: 512GB SSD
4. Vision Computers Velocity
If you are looking for the absolute best computer you can get for your photo editing needs, look no further than the Vision Computers Velocity. This computer is packed full of high-end technology that is good not only for photo editing, but more high-end workstation tasks as well.
Inside this flashy chassis, you will find an Intel i9 processor and 16GB of memory. But the real star of the show is the Nvidia Quadro RTX5000. It has a whopping 16GB of VRAM, giving you more than enough for any photo-intensive applications you may be running.
- Processor: Intel i9-9900K
- RAM: 16GB
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro RTX5000 16GB
- Storage: 480GB SSD
Useful Tips and Resources
If you plan on doing photo editing, you are going to need a monitor capable of handling the task as well. You want to ensure your colors are true-to-life and if you have a low-end monitor, you simply won’t get that.
Another thing that you should consider picking up is a nice external hard drive. This will allow you to offload all of your edited photos onto it and not clutter up your internal hard drive. This will allow you to save the space for more important files.
Finding the perfect editing computer can be a daunting task. However, the four we have listed above are fantastic choices, and any would make great photo editing computers for you. Each has its pros and cons, so you need to look over which one makes the best sense for you.
Do you prefer AMD or Intel for your processor? Let us know in the comments below!